Our church dates back to 1886 when a group of people met together to organize Siloam Baptist Church. The first building was a log cabin built for a school and the second was a large one-room building across the road from the original building. Our third building was dedicated in May of 1950 and was located at the end of what is now known as Walkerville Road. The construction of the Toledo Bend Dam forced that building and cemetery to be relocated to the present site. The fourth building was dedicated in November of 1967 and today serves as an educational building for our various ministries. Today's worship center which was dedicated in October 2006 is nothing short of a MIRACLE. Later in 2010, we built the new fellowship hall/gymnasium. This worship center and gymnasium, it's design, it's furnishings, it's place in this community and it's beauty lends and leads an attractive atmosphere of worship. Truly, it is a MIRACLE!
We have worked very hard, we have prayed much and believed and trusted God for his leadership. There is still lots of work to be done at Siloam Baptist Church.. (1) the education of our children in the basic fundamental conviction of our faith; (2) the inspiration of our youth so they can realize their dreams and make their lives instruments of God's grace; (3) using our helping hands in the spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ to meet human needs as we see them in our church; and (4) in UNITY to worship the almighty God revealed in the total ministry of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
This all must be done by a total commitment on our behalf to bring Glory and Honor to Jesus. It takes all of us!
To God Be the Glory!